If you excel in healthcare writing, wish to thrive in a health-focused culture and know how to engage consumers in social media, keep reading. Dobies Healthcare Group, a strategy-focused healthcare marketing and branding firm in downtown Kansas City, is seeking an intuitive and smart writer to join our team. S/he will develop, write, edit and manage content, and build our clients’ reputations via social media.
This is a challenging position that requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an innate ability to pivot from writing fresh creative to authoring a white paper and blogging and posting about it in the same day. S/he must also have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in healthcare-related content development, marketing, PR and/or advertising.
This position will report to the Content Development Director.
Job duties and tasks will typically involve:
- Developing and managing on-strategy, integrated, multimedia content for our clients and our company (B2C and B2B)
- Developing and maintaining content calendars, project plans and timelines; writing and executing internal/external communication plans for effective messaging and media placements
- Setting content goals (e.g., number of blogs/posts, shares, likes, etc.) for each client and monitoring content effectiveness
- Maintaining the established voice of the organization in all marketing and social media content
Special skills required:
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write media-focused content; able to write effective copy for a wide range of objectives and audiences with minimal revisions needed
- Extensive knowledge of social media strategies and platforms, and experience with online content management systems and solutions
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability strategically synthesize the primary communication objective into compelling copy
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and capable of meeting tight deadlines while also demonstrating strengths in creativity and strategy
- Strong people skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and colleagues
- Capable of learning about new topics, products and services quickly, exhibiting excellent listening skills and ability to connect the dots between content and strategy
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter that proves your ability to write B2C and B2B healthcare content to email@example.com. EOE