The Strategic Marketing Manager at Dobies Healthcare Group plans, manages and directs highly integrated marketing and brand strategies for hospital and healthcare clients. S/he collaborates in and supports the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and tactical plans for clients, and ensures the professional and timely execution of those plans along with the firm’s creative services teams.
The Strategic Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Client & Creative Services. S/he manages and directs multiple high-level projects and serves as a point of contact with select hospital and healthcare clients. The Strategic Marketing Manager has working experience in hospitals, exhibits strong critical thinking and effective decision-making skills, and effectively synthesizes data and research to implement actionable plans for the client.
Lead and Manage Select Client Relationships
The Strategic Marketing Manager serves as a hospital subject matter expert and collaborates with the firm’s strategists to advise clients on effective marketing and positioning strategies and supporting tactical plans. The Strategic Marketing Manager synthesizes and organizes information into executive-level presentations and reports, and serves as the primary point of contact for hospital and healthcare clients. S/he operates in a strategy-first manner at all times and ensures that deliverables meet and exceed client expectations and stated marketing metrics.
Supports Marketing and Positioning Strategies (MAPS)
The Strategic Marketing Manager supports the design of strategic marketing and communication plans for rural and urban hospitals and academic medical centers, health plans and other healthcare clients. S/he collects and incorporates consumer research and competitive intelligence and analyzes market data to guide client market differentiation and positioning strategies for the client.
Manages Timely and On-Budget Execution of Client Deliverables
The Strategic Marketing Manager ensures that the client’s strategic objectives and goals are approved and effectively incorporated into the firm’s content and creative development process. S/he distills complex concepts and analytical results into compelling strategic and creative briefs and facilitates execution of on-strategy creative and research needs via client services and creative teams. S/he is responsible for implementing client marketing plans on a daily basis, collaborating with internal teams to develop and assess creative concepts, implement campaigns, track campaign ROI, and measure/monitor client budgets, job profitability and defined key performance indicators.
S/he exhibits timely decision-making skills, effectively sets and manages client priorities, and provides excellent customer service in all interactions The Strategic Marketing Manager demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across the firm.
Acts as a Brand Steward
The Strategic Marketing Manager actively engages in new business opportunities and industry networking. S/he proactively serves as a brand steward for the firm and helps to enforce and manage the firm’s brand identity. S/he participates in the firm’s Corporate Social Engagement initiatives and contributes to the firm’s certification as a Healthy KC company.
- Bachelor’s degree required: related field, Marketing Communications preferred
- Master’s degree preferred: MBA, MHA or similar
- 5 years of experience in marketing strategy with direct hospital experience
Special Skills Required:
- Strong critical thinking, strategic planning, complex problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute effective marketing strategies and tactical plans for hospitals and healthcare clients
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic marketing planning process
- Ability to review and analyze a variety of data for purposes of developing marketing and positioning recommendations
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and capable of producing professional results within tight deadlines
- Strong people skills, and the ability to contribute strategic ideas to and communicate effectively and professionally with clients
- Confident and highly engaged with the fundamentals of marketing, branding and advertising in healthcare
- Comfortable with public speaking opportunities and leading client discussions
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. EOE