Our healthcare marketing, branding and advertising firm in downtown Kansas City is seeking a talented Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator with a diverse set of skills. This position is responsible for multiple aspects of day-to-day graphic design, production and coordination of highly integrated marketing projects for our clients and our firm.
Success in this position requires proactive collaboration with creative, content, media, production and account services teams to support, manage and accelerate multiple concurrent projects. It requires strengths in graphic design, critical thinking, project management capabilities, written and verbal communication, and attention to detail. The right candidate will show an enthusiastically positive attitude for making sure work is error-free, on time and on budget.
This position reports to the Vice President of Client & Creative Services.
Primary areas of responsibility:
Graphic Design and Production
- Infuse creative energy into everything we do using right-brain, creative perspective.
- Collaborates with the creative team to design and produce B2B and B2C marketing materials.
- Work efficiently and effectively with Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro), primarily on Mac systems.
- Assist in managing company and client visual assets and brands, including but not limited to images, logos and video files. Develop efficient workflows and processes for asset requests and fulfillment.
- Execute numerous projects, activities and deadlines simultaneously. Collaborates with account service team to develop themes, creative approaches and concepts, and to ensure consistency across all media.
- Manage the production of design projects for print, digital and broadcast. This includes working with third-party vendors for printing, video and audio production, as well as working to organize media specs.
- Prepare final design files for production or distribution to media supporting print, digital and broadcast jobs.
- Support and coordinate project work – including complex and highly integrated campaign/communication materials – with the goal of completing milestones and deliverables on time, on strategy, and within budget and scope.
- Take initiative in learning/understanding each client’s products and services, culture/ethos and strategic marketing and positioning strategy.
- Coordinate and deliver integrated digital marketing tactics (organic and paid digital media).
- Maintain client and agency production, paid media, social media and/or creative calendars.
- Provide project and administrative support to senior leadership as needed.
- Coordinate with media staff and account services to maintain media schedules and manage the approval and delivery of all media tactics (digital, traditional, etc.).
- Assist in coordinating workflow and workload for the creative services team to efficiently meet client needs.
- Monitor the tactical production process and adjust project coordination to optimize productivity.
Skills and Success Factors:
- Communication: Demonstrates clear, concise written and verbal skills.
- Professionalism: Maintains a polished, professional approach to working with a wide range of clients and contacts.
- Flexibility: Able to work extended hours when work volumes/tight deadlines apply.
- Organized: Manages day-to-day coordination of multiple projects exceptionally well,
- Creative: Thinks conceptually and can develop appealing visual designs within multiple advertising mediums.
- Tech savvy: Able to work efficiently and effectively with Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro) and Microsoft (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) programs. Also familiar with WordPress or similar web-based content management systems.
- Detail-oriented: Pays close attention to details.
- Initiative: Shows desire to take charge and seize opportunities for growth.
- Team player: Prefers and enjoys a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in graphic design.
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing firm or advertising agency, corporate marketing environment or hospital marketing department.
- Results-oriented, strategic and creative thinker, team player, problem-solver, self-motivated to learn, grow and engage.
- Shows evidence of accuracy and attention to detail (through past work samples or similar projects).
Interested candidates please send us your resume, cover letter and 2-3 graphic design work samples (health/healthcare preferred). Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. EOE